Post Title: Suspense :o
Monday, February 23, 2009
Describe the suspense of waiyting for something or someone to arrive, or of waiting for some event to happen. (November 1998)
An essay done by Nadia :D
From the nearby window, I looked out and realised that the sun had already set. It had been hours ago since we arrived. I walked towards the nearest couch and sat down. At the counter, I noticed the nurses busy with their paperwork and some were helping patients to move from one place to another. The white walls were very claming and the atmosphere was peaceful. However, my eyes kept on going back towards the doors of the emergency room and the anxiety I had kept in control, slowly creeping back into my heart. Mother.
"I wonder what was keeping them so long," my heart whispered.
Early that morning, my family and I were planning on going shopping at the new shopping centre that had just recently opened. We wanted to buy things and presents for the new baby even though the baby had not been born yet. It was due for another month. My family was excited, especially myself as I had never seen myself as a big sister once and the news that my mother was pregnant brought me joy. I chose a selection of baby clothes and pillows that I thought that my new baby brother or sister might like. I imagined its big, bright eyes lit up at the sight of all the things and its tiny hands reach up, wanting to touch my cheek.
After a long day shopping, we decided to find a nice restaurant to eat. There was a mechanical failure on the escalators, so we had to climb down instead of just riding on it. Suddenly my mother slipped and fell before my father and I could catch her. My mother let down a cry of agony as she was in pain. I stood rooted to the groung, not knowing what to do. My father and a couple of bystanders helped my mother and called the ambulance.
That was how I ended up waiting at the waiting room, hopeful for my mother and the baby to arrive safelt. My heart was still hammering unevenly as I waited and waited. At last, my father came out with a bright smile on his face. Seeing me place and worried, my father gently put a hand on my shoulder and assured me that everything was alright. I heaved a sigh of relief as I stood infront ofthe emergency room. My father said I could now rest at home and tomorrow, we could all visit my mother and my new baby sister. My heart felt light, knowing that the suspense was over.
- MIRAWR! :D at 9:29 PM